No products in the cart.
UK Mainland: Delivery each planting season carries a delivery charge at the current rate: UK £5.90.
Non Mainland UK and EU: Delivery at cost from UK. Notification of shipping cost before dispatch if over £20.00.
Rest of world: Delivery at cost plus Phytosanitary Health Certificate/CITES costs if applicable. Notification of shipping cost before dispatch.
If you are intending to be away, please tell us so we can arrange convenient delivery dates.
Seasonal Ordering: We have two very distinct seasons for planting/shipping.
Autumn: Shipping August to early December depending on bulb type, planting time.
Spring/Summer: Shipping late February to late April.
What does it mean? Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species
The permit is required when plants travel from one country to another.
A separate permit is required for ALL listed genera ( even artificial hybrids).
UK : you do NOT need a CITES permit to buy our CITES plants.
EU : you do NOT need a CITES permit to buy our CITES plants.
All other countries : CITES certificates are needed when any CITES listed plant crosses any international border. CITES is international, permits are needed for all listed genera (even artificial hybrids) sent to customers in the USA, Switzerland, Norway, Russia etc. from any other country
Plants affected by CITES
CITES applies to man-made, artificial hybrids and garden cultivars which have never been wild plants.
We mark each CITES genus and each species to advise you. From our range the following are some of those affected : Cyclamen, Galanthus, Sternbergia. All Orchids (e.g.. Bletilla, Calanthe, Calopogon, Cypripedium, Dactylorhiza Epipactis, Habenaria, Pleione, Pogonia, Ponerorchis).
Phytosanitary Certificate. (Health Certificate)
Phytosantry Certificates are required for a shipment of plants from one international country to another whether or not they require CITES.
Example: Export Phytosanatry Certificate for all plants in shipment in addition to any that may need a CITES.
We can obtain export certificates, but the UK is expensive.
Phytosanitary Certificate -The current price is £40.00.
CITES – £75.00 per 1st genus plus an additional £1.50 per species or Hybrid
- We do not post outside the EU without certificates or Permits, so please do not ask.
- If you wish us to get certificates for the plants we can, however we only obtain Permits for our own stocks /plants.
- It is not a permit that you can buy to cover plants from other sources.
- Fees payable on application/placement of order.
- Permits cannot be amended after issue, they are specific, eg: each plant must be named and with exact quantity, Some items may need extensive cleaning/preparation, if this is the case, cost is indicated on the said item.
- Charges are NOT refundable if application is refused. We have not had any refused, but this is beyond our control please do not order if you cannot accept this risk.